Friday, January 30, 2015

My favourite food in Ipoh Perak

Ipoh is a capital city of Perak state in Malaysia. There are a lot of food to try there and several of my favourite dishes are
  • Wonton noodles.
  • Chee Cheong Fun. The one I loved is accompanied by sesame seed, long bean, pig skin, sweet and sour gravy, and curry gravy.
  • Ipoh Hor Fun.
  • Ipoh Nga Choi Kai (or bean-sprout and chicken)
  • Ipoh Dim Sum. My favourite hangout if I can wake up very early for dim sum breakfast would be at Foh San Dim Sum restaurant.
  • Liew (Yong Liew, Sar-Kok/jicama Liew, Char or fried Liew, Fu Chuk, Vegetable stuff with meat, etc.) and noodle. This dish comes in a clear soup noodle (I like curry noodle) and accompanying Liew (such as Yong Liew, Sar Kok Liew, and fried Liew).
Different types of Liew for accompanying soup-based or dry noodle. Picture from blog entry by nasilemaklover.
  • Ipoh popiah. I can't remember where I tasted the best popiah in town.
  • Ipoh Luk-luk. There are several that I loved, one was in Jalan Foo Yet Kai beside The Store (previously the Ocean shopping mall). Another place is at Ipoh Garden South.
  • Ipoh old town white coffee and toast.
  • Ipoh rojak and cendol. Some said Malacca cendol is the best.
  • Char Kway Teow, Prawn noodle, and laksa are available in Ipoh and they taste good.
  • Ipoh (Bercham) claypot chicken rice with salty fish, mushroom, Chinese sausage, etc. is savoury and should be on the list of must-try.
  • Gunung Rapat Heong Peng and Ipoh sesame peanut candy are my favourite snack.
All in all, whatever type of noodles and preparation, you should give them a try. Also, mamak food such as nasi kandar rice, briyani  rice and roti canai (or prata in Singapore) are my favourite too. Nasi lemak, satay, lemang, different types of pulut/lemang and curry gravy, putumayam, seafood dishes, restaurant prepared dishes, vegetarian dishes, and many more which I will not mention here are also my favourite.

It is too bad that I have no photos to show them here in this blog. If I do get to try all the above dishes again when I'm in Ipoh, I will populate these photos here with the dish's name.

Just to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment